Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Decor

It's time for me to go back to work.  I've resorted to crafting.  Our new house has a fireplace, so I needed something festive to spruce up the mantle. 
 My first creation:  pumpkins made out of a roll of toilet paper wrapped in strips of burlap with sticks from the yard as the stem and tied up with a copper colored ribbon. 
 Next up are the chevron printed pumpkins.  I wanted them to be perfectly lined, but painting a chevron on a pumpkin is not nearly as easy at it seems.  I used masking tape and spray paint.  They're good enough I suppose. 
 Finally, I dotted another pumpkin with some black glitter glue and tied another one up with a black toule bow. 
 This fall decor will be great until it's time to decorate for Christmas!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment