Monday, October 8, 2012

M-I-Crooked Letter-Crooked Letter-I...

It's been about nine weeks since we made the move to Athens.  We both have been missing home, so a trip to Mississippi was in store.  Allan cut class on Thursday afternoon (shame, shame) and we headed to Byram.  Every time I go home to Byram there is always something different about it.  It's a growing little city!  This time, it was sad to see Super D closed.  That place holds a lot of great memories.  It was my first real job and was the place where I decided that I wanted to be a pharmacist.  Who gets to work with all of their best friends from high school at the same place?  Fun times indeed.  We were in Byram Thursday night and all day Friday.  Pooja came over to hang out for a few hours.  We had a good time chatting and catching up.  I miss her!  The only thing I miss about pharmacy school is seeing my friends!  My mom made a feast Friday night that was suitable for Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner.  Some of my aunts and uncles came over and it was great getting to see everyone.  I'm glad momma got to take a break from the craziness of nursing school to spend some time with us. 

 Saturday, we made the trip to Oxford for game day!  I miss the Grove!  Unfortunately, the weather wasn't so great and we spent a majority of the day huddled under the tent, but where there's food and friends, there's always fun.
Ann Katelyn and I
Allan and I with Lindsey, Julianne, Julia, and Chris
A glimpse of the Grove on game day
After being rained on and freezing.  Lucky for us, Chris is always prepared.
I was poorly prepared for the cold, rainy weather, but thankfully we had an Eagle Scout in our midst that brought enough sweaters and jackets for everyone!  Thanks, Chris!!  The rain moved out just as the game began.  We played so well!!  I really thought we would win against Texas A&M, but they scored the winning touchdown in the last minute and a half of the game.  It was so disappointing.  Oh well, I've grown to expect the heartbreak associated with Ole Miss football.  One of the best parts of the game was half-time.  Being an alumna of The Pride of the South, I always enjoy listening to the band and I always think they do great, but I have to say, the Aggie band was phenomenal.  I couldn't look away.  It was seriously the most entertaining band performance I've ever seen.
The team charges the field after Joel McHale from "The Soup" starts the Hotty Toddy cheer
Sunday, we had lunch with Craig and later took Daisy on a walk to the Square.  Lindsey was sweet to let us stay with her in our old house.  The thing I love most about that house was the location.  One of our favorite things to do was walking Daisy to the Square.  We took a few pictures at the pumpkin patch at St. Peter's.  Later that afternoon we headed to Allan's parent's house for dinner.  It was good to see everyone.  We especially miss playing with Benjamin.


So, a 1000 miles and 17 hours in the car later we are back in Athens and exhausted.  Allan went straight to class and Daisy went straight to her place on the couch.  I've been unpacking and getting things back in order.  Hopefully I will start work this week!  I'm ready to hit the ground running!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had fun. Wish we had known you were coming--we could have met up!

    ReplyDelete