Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK Day

This morning we did some volunteer work with friends from church for MLK Day of Service. We went to a local elementary school and cleared brush and limbs in the woods nearby. The kids play there and it serves the community after school hours as a place to walk trails and such. After, we had lunch with Stacey and Brandon at Stuffed Burger- YUM! We got a good walk in with Miss Daisy and I got the house cleaned and did 4 loads of laundry (after 4.5 years of marriage, I still don't understand how 2 people can create so much dirty laundry). It was a successful day off! Tomorrow will be spent doing all the things I've been avoiding like getting a new tag and title for the new car, gathering tax information, and trying to figure out all of my 401K and insurance stuff since I'm finally eligible. Blah.. Grown up stuff is boring. I'd rather do more Pinterest projects.. Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment