Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ghost Stories

I've been a busy little bee lately.  I've been working some major overtime hours the last two months.  I'm not complaining though, because it is definitely a blessing.  I am, however, relieved that my work schedule is starting to look a little more normal.  Here's a little story about one of the more interesting places that I worked in January.  I never have to travel too far for work, but another district was desperate for some help so I volunteered to work four days out of town.  The city I traveled to was Americus, GA.  I stayed in the Windsor Hotel located downtown.  It is a Victorian style hotel that was built in 1892 and is absolutely beautiful.  I was so excited to stay there until the wee hours of the morning rolled around.  The hotel is home to a very popular bar that produces a lot of noise that would keep a person who had to be up at 8am to work a 14 hour shift awake.  So, in the middle of the night I get on my phone to see what time this bar might be closing to find out if I may or may not be able to go to sleep anytime soon and I find this!  Needless to say I was a little freaked out.  I obviously survived the trip, but I don't think I could ever stay there alone again!  Allan and I may make a trip at some point to stay a night.  Ghost stories are more fun when you are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment