Sunday, April 29, 2012

Double Decker 2012

What a wonderful weekend this has been!  We kicked it off by celebrating Lindsey's birthday at one of the local Mexican establishments (there are so many in Oxford that I honestly can't remember the name).  It was great seeing everyone!  Julianne, Chris, and Julia were town so it was like a little reunion of sorts.
Lindsey and Nate

Next, we headed to the Square to listen to Iron and Wine.  They were in town playing for Double Decker.  Beautiful music.  Sam Beam's poetry is very different and almost nonsensical, but it works.


 Saturday morning Danielle and I participated in the Double Decker 5K run.  I finished in just under 37 minutes.  It was hot, but it felt good to run.  I have to admit, I haven't been pushing myself enough since the half-marathon.  We had a good time and even ran into Melanie.  Pharmacy girls represent!
Danielle, Melanie, and I after the race
Double Decker was so much fun this year.  Allan had some work in Southside Gallery, so he didn't have a tent.  Instead of working, we got to enjoy the festival!  The day was made complete by great friends, a "big as yo' head ice cream sandwich", and some super cute finds:  two handmade bracelets, a Christmas ornament, and a dish towel on which an art student screen printed the phrase "many hands make light work".
 After lunch today, Julianne and I sewed headbands.  They turned out really cute and were easy to make.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas and haven't really broken it in yet.  Hopefully once all of my board exams are over and we get moved I can really pick up sewing as a hobby.  We shall see! 

Tomorrow begins my LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL EVER!  I'm super pumped!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! This weekend was so much fun! Can you send that picture of me and Nate to me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete