Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Waiting

Allan is done with the application process for graduate school!  Now we wait!  At least 2 or 3 times a day I get asked about our future after graduation.  In case you haven't heard and might be interested, the schools Allan applied to include:

1.  The University of Georgia (Athens, GA)
2.  The University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)
3.  The University of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN)
4.  The University of Oklahoma (Norman, OK)

Hopefully he will start hearing back from the schools around March so we can decide where we will be living and I can start looking for a J-O-B!  Keep us in your prayers!  This is a big decision!

This past weekend we traveled to Byram.  Home Sweet Home.  There's nothing like being around people that love you.  I always feel so refreshed after spending a weekend with my family and church family at FBC Byram.  We took our nephew so he could get some play time in with my little cousin.  The weekend was filled with a baby shower, wedding shower, Cub Scout car race, and time with family and friends.  Saturday night my mom made tacos for some of my friends.  It was just like old times in highschool... hanging out at the Floyd house eating my mom's good food.  At the same time it was different because now we have a nurse, engineer, doctor, soon-to-be pharmacist, Appalachian trail hiker, and two additions (a baby and a husband).  I can't belive it's been almost 9 years since we graduated highschool!  I was so excited that Pooja got to come over too and meet everyone!  I love when friend groups can mix and have a good time. 

Half-marathon update:  I am now up to 10 miles!  My knees hate me, but I'm feeling good!

2 comments:

  1. So incredibly proud of you for becoming a true RUNNER! Keep up all of the hard work (and I will too) and hopefully we can be running buddies when we both get back to MS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those all sound like GREAT places to live!!! We lived in Enid, OK (which is about 2 hours north of Norman) & LOVED Oklahoma! And Athens is so great :) I know this is an exciting time for y'all!

    ReplyDelete